The Emerging Multicultural Leadership Experience (EMLE) is a learning experience designed to provide emerging professional staff of color the opportunity to further engage and connect to the Y Movement. Participants will become better positioned to grow and thrive at the Y by learning from and connecting with Multi-Team or Branch Leaders and Organizational leaders who are dedicated to educating and mentoring younger staff leading to a deeper engagement with the Y Movement.
Our local/Regional EMLE – REMLE is a two-day experience, modeled after the three-day experience hosted by Y-USA Multicultural Leadership Development. The two-day local experience will offer participants an opportunity to learn critical leadership skills at minimal expense. A local planning team in partnership with Y-USA Multicultural Leadership Development leads the experience.Register Online
Theme: Powerful Together
Dates: September 19th and 20th
Location: WE Energies Public Service Building, 231 W Michigan Street, Milwaukee, WI 53203
Accommodations: Cambria Hotel – Milwaukee Downtown: Enjoy upscale accommodations in the heart of downtown Milwaukee at the Cambria Hotel – Milwaukee Downtown. You will find modern amenities, locally inspired designs and a convenient location within walking distance of dining, shopping and live entertainment of the Historic Third Ward neighborhood. Amenities include free WiFi, meeting space, a bistro and full-service bar, fitness center, indoor pool.
REDUCED ROOM RATE for the first 50 reservations!
Overnight rooms are now $129.00. Book your room by 9/8 at 11:55 P.M. to receive this rate.
- Group Code: Reference the YMCA Milwaukee Group
- Hotel Phone Number: 414.223.4484
- Check in is at 3 P.M. and check out is at 12 P.M.
- Parking: $15
Agenda at a Glance (Subject to Change):
September 18th – Bonus Day: Milwaukee Regional Training Event
- Strengthening Inclusion: Engaging Communities of Diverse Abilities
- Rite Hite YMCA 9250 W. Brown Deer Road
- LCDC Registration Required
- Continental Breakfast and Fellowship
- Introductions, Welcome
- Session Breakout 1
- AM Break
- Session Breakout 2
- Lunch/ME Talks
- Session Breakout 3
- PM Break
- Session Breakout 4
- Session Breakout 5 – Hot Topics
- Closing Break
- Reception at Cambria Hotel – Milwaukee Downtown
- Evening Entertainment – Dave & Busters
- Mission Moment
- Session Breakout 6: C-Suite Panel
- AM Break
- Session Breakout 7
- Keynote Address
Event Center Location: WE Energies Public Service Building, 231 W Michigan Street, Milwaukee, WI 53203
From Metropolitan Chicago Area
- Get on I-90 W/I-94 W
- Follow I-94 W to N Plankinton Ave. in Milwaukee. Take exit 310C from I-94 W
- Keep right at the fork to continue on I-94 W, follow signs for Milwaukee/Interstate 94 W/Edens Expressway
- Use the right 2 lanes to take the I-94 W exit toward Milwaukee
- Keep right at the fork to stay on I-94 W
- Keep left at the fork to stay on I-94 W
- Take exit 310C for I-794 E toward Lakefront
- Keep right at the fork to continue on Exit 1D, follow signs for Plankinton Ave.
- Use the right lane to merge onto N Plankinton Ave.
From Madison Area
- Get on WI-30 E
- Follow I-94 E to W St Paul Ave in Milwaukee. Take exit 1H from I-794 E
- Continue on W St Paul Ave.
- Drive to N Plankinton Ave.
Thank you sponsors