LIVESTRONG® at the YMCA
The Y and LIVESTRONG® joined together to create LIVESTRONG at the YMCA, a physical activity and well-being program designed to help adult cancer survivors achieve their holistic health goals. The 12-week program that meets twice per week and offers people affected by cancer a safe, supportive environment to participate in physical and social activities focused on strengthening the whole person.
We understand that some cancer treatment is ongoing and are able to help those who feel strong enough to participate (all participants must have a medical release form).
What will the participants gain?
• Improve energy levels and self-esteem
• Build muscle mass and strength
• Increase flexibility, balance, and endurance
• Improve ability to do everyday tasks
• Develop a lifelong fitness plan
• Meet new people at the Y
• Connect with other Cancer Survivors