Members with 24/7 access can work out at the Briscoe Family YMCA Wellness Center outside of usual hours of operations, including holidays.
To be eligible for 24/7 access, members must:
- Be a YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee member in good standing.
- Be at least 13 years old. Members ages 13-17 must have an adult parent/guardian who also has 24/7 access with them at all times.
- Visit the Briscoe Family YMCA Wellness Center to sign a 24/7 agreement, pay a $25 key fob activation fee, and authorize a $5/person monthly add-on to their membership.
- Absolutely no guests are permitted. Every 24/7 member is required to scan themselves in separately.
- No staff or emergency assistance is available. We highly recommend that you exercise with another member who has 24/7 access.
- Before/after hours the following are off-limits: Child Watch, changing rooms, staff offices and desk areas, and stairwells.
- Any breach to the agreement will result in an immediate suspension of 24/7 privileges.
The use of cell phones for phone calls and video calls is permitted in designated cell phone areas only. For the protection of all member’s privacy please refrain from using your phones in the locker rooms and changing areas. Cell phones may be used with personal headphones for music in the Fitness Center. This guideline follows current trends and recommendations from the YMCA of the USA.
Children age 9 and under must have a parent or guardian in the facility at all times, unless child is in licensed program.
Children age 7 and younger must be supervised by a parent while in the YMCA, unless participating in a supervised program. Parental consent forms are required for members under 18.
The YMCA reserves the right to make schedule changes to better serve our members or to combine/cancel classes due to low enrollment. If the YMCA chooses to cancel a class, participants will be issued a credit. Classes missed by participants due to personal reasons will not be credited or refunded. Credits will be issued for the cost of the cancelled program.
Ages 9 and Under: No member or guest in this age group is allowed in our Fitness Centers or on any piece of exercise equipment in our YMCA’s. Exceptions may include walking the track based on individual center discretion and policy.
Ages 10-12 years old: Guests in this age group are not allowed in our Fitness Centers or on any piece of exercise equipment in our YMCA’s.
Members in this age group are allowed to utilize cardiovascular and machine weight equipment (not allowed in free weight/weight room area) in our Fitness Centers during all hours of operation after they complete the Teen Orientation performed by a YMCA staff person. As well, members must be accompanied by their parent or a guardian who is minimally 18 years of age. The mandatory ratio of child to adult is 1:1. The adult must be on an adjacent piece of cardio or strength equipment to the child and spotting the child on any piece of strength equipment that they are using. The orientation must take place before members in this age group are allowed to exercise in the Fitness Center.
Ages 13-15 years old: Guests in this age group are not allowed in our Fitness Centers or any piece of exercise equipment in our YMCA’s.
Members in this age group are allowed to utilize all cardiovascular and machine weight equipment (including free weight/weight room area) in our Fitness Centers during all hours of operation after they complete a Teen Orientation performed by a YMCA staff person. No parental supervision is required, however the orientation must take place before members in this age group are allowed to exercise in the Fitness Center. (No Exceptions)
Ages 16 and Up: Guests and members in this age group are allowed to utilize all cardiovascular and strength equipment in our Fitness Centers during all hours of operation. Although an orientation is not mandatory, it is highly recommended.
Due to current branch capacities, guest passes are currently not being issued to ensure members have first priority.
- Gym bags and other personal belongings are not to be kept in the gym.
- Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by an adult at all times while in the YMCA
- No dunking, grabbing the rims or nets
- No inappropriate use of equipment
- Be respectful of others by refraining from the use of profanity, fighting, excessive yelling or unsportsman-like conduct
- All competitors, of any skill levels, are allowed an equal opportunity for gym use and to become involved in any activities taking place during OPEN GYM times
- Report all injuries to a staff member on duty
- The Y reserves the right to ask anyone not adhering to the posted rules to leave the premises
- The gym schedule is subject to change at any time and may be closed occasionally for special events
All members must present a membership card at the time of usage. If you forget your membership card, another form of identification will be required.
It is the member or participant's responsibility to provide his or her own accident and health insurance. The YMCA does not provide any such coverage for members or participants. Members should consult their physician prior to starting a fitness program.
Lockers are available for day use only unless a Kit Locker is purchased. Please be sure to lock your belongings as the YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Items left in a locker overnight will be removed. Please store coats and gym bags in the locker room as they cannot be stored in the gym, pool or fitness areas. For the comfort of all members, there are designated adult/disabled-member areas and family areas in each locker room. Once a child has turned 8, he or she must use the same-sex locker room.
- All membership drafts will take place on the 1st of the month. In the event there is an issue with a draft, members will be notified via email and our billing team will attempt to collect via outreach and recharging your payment method on file. If payment is collected after 10 days, members will be assessed a non-refundable late fee of $15. Any membership fees not paid by the 29th will result in membership termination and loss of loyalty discounts. Member will need to pay balance owed prior to returning to the YMCA.
- Members who opt to pay their membership via invoice may opt for a 3-month, 6-month, or 12-month option only.
Members may request their membership to be placed on hold with a 15 day notice prior to their draft for 2-4 months in a 1-year period. (See Membership Director for longer holds.) Memberships placed on hold will have a $20 up-front fee charged when the hold is processed. This is a one-time processing fee; no further payments will take place until the membership resumes. Members may not use the facility, or virtual offerings, while membership is on hold.
There is a 15-day termination policy. If you wish to terminate your membership, please complete a termination form at any YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee location or online. Dues that become due within 15 days of signing this termination form will take place. Membership dues are non-refundable. It is the responsibility of the member to alert the YMCA if a termination is not completed when requested, or if there is an error with your membership draft- The Y will only refund 1 month of charges. All membership refunds must be requested within 6 months of payment, no refunds will be issued after 6 months.
The YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee participates in the Nationwide membership that allows YMCA members traveling outside of their hometown to utilize other YMCA facilities across the country. Nationwide members who relocate to the YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee service area will need to convert their membership within 30 days.
The YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee, its agents or employees will not, because of the race, creed, color, national origin, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, or gender identify any person, refuse, withhold from, or deny to that person any of the YMCA's advantages, facilities or privileges.
The YMCA, on occasion, may photograph registrants and participants in YMCA activities, programs or special events. These photos are for YMCA use only and may be used in publications, brochures, pamphlets, flyers or video productions. Please notify the photographer if you would prefer to not be included in the picture. Outside photography of any kind within the YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee is not permitted without prior consent.
Children 5 and under must have a parent in the water with them regardless of their swimming ability. Children 6-7 must have an adult in the pool area supervising the children. Anyone under the age of 18 wishing to swim in the deep water must pass a swim test and will be issued a wristband. Inflatable flotation devices are not permitted in the pool. See a lifeguard for details.
In order to ensure that all of our members are able to use and enjoy our facilities and programs comfortably and conveniently, the YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee reserves the right to terminate your membership for any violation of any rule or regulation or inappropriate behavior toward any member, user or employee. The member understands that such judgments will be made by the YMCA in its sole and absolute discretion. Violation of membership policies and privileges may result in the suspension or termination of membership. Memberships are non-transferable to another person. Membership cards may not be used by anyone other than the person named on the card.
- Proper swim attire must be worn, no street clothes, shoes or workout clothing
- Please limit usage to 10 minutes per visit
- Must be over 18 years of age to use steam room
- No tampering with the sensor
The YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee is an inclusive organization to all. We welcome people of all abilities, age, race/ethnicity, faith, gender identity or sexual orientation. We follow federal and OSHA guidelines allowing transgender persons to make use of locker rooms and restrooms matching their gender identity.