The YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee Early Childhood Education Centers provide a safe, nurturing environment for children ages 6 weeks to 5 years old. Our programs are designed to encourage children to develop a love of learning. Through the use of guided self-discovery and experiential learning, teachers focus on providing children with enriching experiences to facilitate social, emotional, cognitive and physical growth and development.
The YMCA’s Early Education Centers are all licensed by the State of Wisconsin. Both Northside YMCA Early Childhood Education Center and Northwest Early Childhood Education Center are the recipients of a 5-Star rating from YoungStar – the highest rating available and are also National Accreditation Commission (NAC) Accredited. All of our centers use some of the highest quality curriculum, assessments, screenings and instruction available. Our children build skills, knowledge and abilities through hands-on experiences. In partnership with parents, we set individualized goals and monitor multiple domains of development throughout the year.
Quality care is never far from home, with the four following YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee Early Childhood Education Program locations:
Northside YMCA ECE Center
1350 W. North Ave.
Northwest ECE Center
9050 N. Swan Rd.
Sonlight YMCA ECE Center
11011 N. Oriole Lane
YMCA Nature Preschool
875 Amy Belle Rd.
The YMCA is a non-profit charitable organization and ECE programs are state-licensed, tax-deductible child care. To support the entire family, children enrolled weekly for 5 full days qualify for a Free YMCA Family Membership (for the duration of enrollment and for accounts in good standing). All of YMCA Early Childhood Education Programs also accept state/counting child care assistance (WI Shares); families are responsible for remaining balances due. Financial assistance may also be available to those who qualify.
Covid-19 safety protocols
- TRAINING: ECE have completed additional training on increased cleaning and disinfection procedures, protective equipment and prevention strategies
- CLASSROOM ENVIRONMENT, ACTIVITIES & ROUTINES: Activities and classroom environments have been modified to include: temporary elimination of group sensory table play, use of play-doh, and other shared items unable to be disinfected. Removal of soft items that are unable to be disinfected daily such as certain dress-up items, stuffed animals and specific pillows, etc. Increased outdoor time has also occurred (weather permitting). Temporary elimination of toothbrushing in the centers.
- GROUPS: Minimal mixing of groups of children to reduce risk of exposure including the beginning and end of the day and maintaining the same groups.
- DAILY SCREENING: All children and staff are temperature checked and must complete a set of questions about recent health daily.
- HEALTH: Increased handwashing for all. Ongoing reminders to children not to touch their faces, eyes, nose, and mouth. ECE teachers are encouraged to wear masks and required when outside of the individual classroom and/or throughout the day. Family-style dining will be temporarily eliminated. Children and staff will be monitored for any signs/symptoms of illness.
- DROP OFF & PICK UP TIMES: Parents/Guardians may be required to reserve specific drop off / pick up times for their children each day to limit contact with other families. ECE individuals will escort children to classrooms to restrict the number of people entering the ECE space.
- CLEANING & DISINFECTION: Frequently used surfaces will be cleaned regularly throughout the day in addition to a deep-clean every evening after closing. An increase in toy rotation in each classroom will occur resulting with toys and manipulatives being rotated in the morning and afternoon.
CALL TO SCHEDULE A TOUR TODAY!
To access medical forms, release agreements and snow emergency procedures for all of our locations, please click on the link below.