The YMCA was founded on a simple but powerful idea: by bringing neighbors together to advance the common good, we can improve lives and strengthen communities. Taking time to help others in the community by sharing your time, skills and passion can offer many of the following experiences and benefits:
- It strengthens our community
- It helps builds confidence
- You can make new friends and acquaintances
- You’ll gain valuable work experience
- Youth will build character and leadership skills
- You’ll be an advocate for the Y’s efforts
To become a volunteer for the Y, complete a volunteer application to help us determine what opportunity would be right for you. Contact our volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the fun volunteer opportunities at a location near you.