Wilson Summer Day Camp
Summer Day Camp (Ages 4-17)
LOCATION: 1601 W Howard Avenue, Milwaukee
DATES: June 12 - August 25, 2022 (No Camp July 3 & 4)
HOURS: 7:00 AM-6:00 PM
OFFERINGS: Traditional Camp, LIT Camp, and STEAM Add-on
Summer day campers try a variety of activities such as arts & crafts, water activities, games, and team building. Our focus on achievement, relationships, and belonging will help your child make friends, develop independence, and try new things – whether they join us for one week or all summer! All campers must be potty trained.
Camper Arrival & Choice Activities
Wash Hands, Bathroom Breaks & Sunscreen
Small Group Games & Teambuilding
Large Group Games
11:50 AM-12:50 PM
Organized Small Group Activities
Reading & Quiet/Relax Time
Wash Hands & Bathroom Break
Campers Departure & Choice Activities
- Park along West Howard Avenue and proceed up the pathway to the YMCA drop-off table.
- Camp Leadership Staff members will meet you at the table to sign your child in and hand them their YMCA wristband.
- Children will proceed to their assigned group, on their way to having an awesome day at camp!
- Walk your child to the YMCA table to sign them into camp.
- Make sure they bring everything they need to have a successful day at camp.
- Communicate any important events that may affect your child’s day at camp (i.e., not enough sleep, rough morning leaving the house, specific things you would like us to keep an eye on, any injuries they are arriving with).
PLEASE DO NOT:
- Drive up the pathways.
- Drop-off or pick-up at a different location than the YMCA table.
- Leave without signing your child in at the YMCA table.
- Proceed past the YMCA table.
- Approach groups of YMCA children camp.
- Park along West Howard Avenue and proceed up the pathway to the YMCA pick-up table.
- Let the staff members know what child you are picking up and provide appropriate identification.
- YOU MUST PROVIDE A PHOTO I.D. IF REQUESTED
- If you do not have your I.D. and it is requested, you will be asked to go grab it. For safety reasons, we will not release campers to unauthorized adults or to adults who are unable to show identification when asked.
- Listen to any behavior updates or reminders for the week from the camp staff.
- Remain at the pick-up table until your child is in your care and you sign them out.
- Bring a photo I.D., even if it is the last week of Camp. If the staff member has checked your authorization in the past and knows you well, you may not be asked for a photo I.D. However, if you are requested to show a photo I.D., you must have it available before we sign the camper out.
- Wait at the pick-up table until your child is in your care. We will not send children to cars or release them unless their authorized adult is physically present to sign them out.
- Communicate with the staff members about how your child’s day was at camp.
- Double-check that your camper has all of their belongings.
PLEASE DO NOT:
- Return to your car before your child is signed out of our care.
- Forget your photo I.D. or refuse to present it. We will not release campers unless the adult picking them up is authorized to do so.
- Attempt to pick up your child at a different location than the YMCA pick-up table.
- Approach groups of YMCA children at camp.
Sadie Salinas, Day Camp Director
Hello! My name is Sadie Salinas and I am your 2023 Wilson Park Director! I recently moved to Milwaukee from Eau Claire with my husband, and so far I am loving this city! I have a background in Summer Camp with both the Boys & Girls Club and the YMCA, and I could not be more thrilled to be with you all this summer. Outside of camp, I love spending time outdoors, camping, cooking, making music with friends, and spending quality time with my family.
I am a firm advocate for the kids and staff in my program, and I believe that parent/guardian communication is a huge piece of that. I want camp to be a place of joy and growth for everyone who encounters it, all I ask is that you keep my team in the loop on how we can work together to support the kids. I am excited to learn from you, thank you for the privilege of getting to know your kids this summer!
Program: Sadie Salinas, Director, at email@example.com or 414-357-1951.
STEAM Camp (Ages 7-12)
At our “Science Café”, campers ages 7-12 will gain an appreciation of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math by experiencing how they're intertwined. Activities are designed to promote critical thinking skills and teamwork. Hands-on experiences like building structures and machines and an introduction to 3D printing will certainly inspire our campers.
DATES: August 14 - 18, 2023
HOURS: STEAM Add-on conveniently added during Traditional Day Camp
PRICE: $75 add-on fee
YMCA FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
Individuals and families may apply for financial assistance for membership or programs, such as Summer Day Camp. Assistance is based upon a number of factors, including total household income and number of dependents. The process is confidential.
WISCONSIN SHARES CHILD CARE ASSISTANCE
The YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee offers many Summer Day Camps that are licensed by the Department of Children and Families and accept Wisconsin Shares Child Care Assistance.
Contact your Wisconsin Shares office for approval as you must have authorization before we can register your child for Summer Day Camp.
Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Waukesha Counties: 888-947-6583
Washington County: 262-335-4610
WI SHARES PROVIDER NUMBER: 1000558721
WI SHARES LOCATION NUMBER: 064
Billing & Registration: Camp Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-274-0759.
18 Apr, 2023