COVID-19 Update – MAsk up & stay healthy – October 22, 2020
The state of Wisconsin continues to record a high number of positive COVID-19 tests every day and several of our communities are among the worst in the country for disease activity. We are setting records for numbers of cases and hospitalizations, and the health care system is bracing for things to get worse before they get better.
At the YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee, the health and safety of our members and staff are our top priority. As part of our focus on social responsibility we must do all that we can to be part of the solution, and not part of the problem. As such, today we are making you aware of another change in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Beginning Monday, October 26th, everyone who enters our branch will be required to wear a face covering at all times. Refusal to wear a mask in YMCA facilities will result in suspension of membership and membership privileges. If you are a swimmer, you must wear a mask to and from the pool deck and remove your mask when in the water. Individuals with a medical condition preventing them from wearing a covering must present a note from their doctor to be considered exempt from this policy.
NOW IS A TIME FOR PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. WE’RE ASKING FOR YOUR HELP TO KEEP EVERYONE HEALTHY AND TO KEEP THE Y OPEN. Follow the governor’s order. If we want to move past the pandemic and have a safe space to build a healthy spirit, mind and body; we must recognize our actions impact others. You are not protecting others when you choose not to wear a mask. We need to have each other’s best interests at heart and realize we are all in this together.
Thank you to everyone who has helped the Y to date. Your membership, your grace in following our COVID-19 safety protocols and your encouragement are all greatly appreciated. Be well, stay safe and we look forward to seeing you at the Y.
Rite-Hite Family YMCA Branch Capacity
ymca group exercise – covid-19 updates
Greetings from the YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee Group Exercise department! We’ve missed you and we’re ecstatic to welcome you back in person, to our programs. Below is a short video and FAQ to help guide you through some of the new COVID-19 safety protocols we’ve put in place to provide you with a safe, healthy and life changing fitness experience.
For questions or concerns please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 414-662-3444. For a step by step guide of how to use our app and register online, click here. Thank you for continuing to support our programs!
- In order to continue to offer programs and stay within federal guidelines for social distancing, our class sizes have been greatly reduced.
- Registration is required to attend all classes. No walk-ins will be accepted.
- Class registration is restricted to active members of the YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee.
- Members must register for classes online. Membership staff will not be able to register participants for programming.
- Classes will be open and available for registration 48 hours prior to the start of class and close 30 minutes prior to the start of class.
- All group exercise studios will be locked when classes are not in session.
- Please check in at the group exercise check in station before class.
- All group exercise studios have been reconfigured and marked to indicate required participant spacing based on new social distance guides.
- All group exercise classes that require equipment will be pre-staged. Members are not allowed to handle equipment outside of actual classes.
- Room monitors will be responsible for handling and sanitizing any equipment needed to perform class activities.
- To align with new sanitation protocols, we are no longer providing the following items for classes: mats, sweat towels, yoga straps or yoga blocks. For optimal class experience members should plan on bringing these items with them.
- Members will be responsible for all items they bring into the group exercise studios. A “lost and found” is not available at this time.
- Once class has concluded, door monitors will facilitate the exit procedure. To comply with safety protocols, we ask that members exit efficiently and do not linger or congregate in the halls and walkways outside of the studios.
- For safety and to guard against the spread of germs, all fans have been removed from group exercise spaces.