- Our Rite-Hite Family YMCA is currently in phase II of reopening. Members can access fitness center, group exercise, pickleball, lap swimming, family swim time (pre-registration required), swim lessons, personal training, free weights, locker rooms, showers.
- We're currently running group exercise classes in downtown Milwaukee, please click here to access the group exercise schedule.
- We're pleased to once again be able to offer Silver Sneakers classes, basketball and group exercise classes at our Northside YMCA. All programming will take place in the Northside gymnasium. The Northside Early Childhood Education Center has also remained open and is currently accepting enrollments. For more information on the Northside YMCA, including hours and Covid-19 protocols, please visit the Northside YMCA web page.
- Building capacities will be enforced per CDC guidelines.
- YMCA usage is for YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee members 16 years or over, or children 13 and older with a guardian from their household. Guests are not permitted during this time – Nationwide YMCA members may access the facility, however group exercise is currently only available for YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee Members.
- Group exercise classes will require pre-registration allowing for social distancing and room capacities to be maintained, ensuring the safety of all members.
- The following are closed: Sauna, steam room, hot tubs, lounge areas, & racquetball court. We look forward to reopening these when it is safe to do so.
- The following services are temporarily suspended: Towel Service (including sweat towels), KidZone, & coffee service. All fees in relation to these services have been temporarily suspended.
- All staff and members are required to wear masks while in the facility, per local health departments recommendations and guidelines and CDC recommendations.
- All staff and members will be required to be temperature checked upon each visit. No members or staff will be allowed entrance if they have a temperature of 100.4 or more.
- All staff and members will be asked to sign an updated liability for the YMCA to include COVID specific agreements.
WHAT MEMBERS SHOULD EXPECT WHEN USING THE Y
- Members will be screened following CDC guidelines, including a temperature check before entering the YMCA. In order to ensure our member’s safety and allow for social isolation, the Rite-Hite YMCA will utilize the East YMCA entrance only. Members are encouraged to park in the back of the YMCA and enter through the lower desk area. Members can enter the MCP entrance of the Northside YMCA for programming.
- Upon reopening the Rite-Hite Family YMCA, equipment was removed from the Fitness Center to allow for more spacing for members. This equipment will be returned when all social distancing guidelines are lifted. As always, members are asked to clean equipment after use.
- Members will utilize a self-scanning system to gain entrance into the YMCA- please have your YMCA card ready and available. Members will also self-scan out.
- We ask members to wash their hands before and after working out.
- Our water fountains have been replaced with a touch-free bottle filler, please bring a water bottle with you.
- We will continue to communicate all YMCA updates to our members via our weekly member e-newsletter. If you don't have an email address on file, simply email us at email@example.com to ensure you receive all member communications.
- While our YMCA may look different for a while, we are looking forward to seeing all of our members in person, when they feel the time is right. Please rest assured that all decisions are made with YMCA staff and member safety above all else.
RITE-HITE FAMILY YMCA HOURS
- Monday – Friday: 5 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Saturday: 7 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed for cleaning
- Lap swimming is available at the Walter Schroeder Aquatic Center (WSAC) on M, Tues. & Thur. from 8:15 - 12:00 p.m.
29 May, 2020