At Milwaukee Y Day Camp we focus on caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility in all of our activities, from educational camper-chosen skill sessions to swimming, arts and crafts and games. We provide safe, fun-filled activities that allow for physical involvement, social interaction, educational opportunities, leadership building, personal growth and creativity, and we ensure that while campers are having fun in their selected area of interest, they’ll also be growing their academic skills.
For additional information such as camp locations, descriptions, how to register, registration forms, parent information, drop off/pick up information and financial help, click here to access our 2017 Day Camp brochure.
wHY CHOOSE MILWAUKEE Y DAY CAMP THIS SUMMER?
- 1:6* staff to child ratio for 4 year olds
- 1:12* for 5 years and older
- Qualified counselors who receive over 40 hours of training in behavioral guidance, strategies to help campers feel comfortable in a new environment, how to make friends and much more!
- All counselors are at least 18 years old
- Staff are all certified in CPR, AED and First Aid
- Y Day Camps meet state licensing Day Camp Child Care guidelines
* Note: When there is a mixed age group, the staff-to-child ratio will be adjusted on a prorated basis, according to age.
- Free Before and After Care (7-9 am, 4-6 pm)
- Free weekly field trips
- Scholarships available (upon request), thanks to donors
- Friendships, decision making and problem solving skills
- Small group and large group activities
- Team building activities
- Math, reading and science and environmental education
- Arts and crafts
- Weekly field trip
- Tons of FUN!
With five locations throughout the metro Milwaukee area, there’s a Milwaukee Y Day Camp near you! For a list of YMCA Day Camp locations and bus stop locations, click on the button below.