YMCA Extended Learning Academy is an in-person program that supports students, ages 4-17, who are e-learning through their school district. To help children stay on task, avoid backslides during school virtual learning, and support their academic, physical, and mental health, the Y has created a fun, safe and controlled environment in which children can continue their educational journey with the support of a great team.
Your child will benefit from:
- Lower group size (1:10 ratio) than a traditional classroom setting at school to ensure the health and safety of our children and families
- Coordination with your school district for synchronous and asynchronous instruction via Zoom, Google Hangouts, and similar apps with a certified teacher
- Peer-to-peer interaction
An infusion of physical activities and fun brain breaks every day to support the body, mind, and spirit
Y Extended Learning Academy will be offered at the following locations:
- Northwest Early Childhood Education Center (Location #072) – 9050 N. Swan Rd. Milwaukee
- Rite-Hite Family YMCA (Location #080) – 9250 N. Green Bay Rd., Brown Deer
- Milwaukee Youth Art Center (Location Number #047) – 1702 Vel R. Philips Ave. Milwaukee
- Drop off – 6:30 – 8:30 a.m.
- Program – 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Pick up – 3:30 – 6:00 p.m.
- Fee is $34/per day. Register for one day or up to five days per week. Wisconsin Shares are accepted.
- The YMCA provider number is 1000558721. Location numbers are listed next to each location above.
Establishing and maintaining a safe and healthy environment remains our top priority. Here are some of the safety protocols we will institute to keep our kids and staff safe:
- GROUP SIZE: Lower group size (1:10 ratio) than a traditional classroom setting at school to ensure the health and safety of our children and families
- STAFF TRAINING: Our YMCA day camp staff will go through an extensive 40 hour/week training class focused on proper cleaning and sanitation procedures, protective equipment, prevention strategies and physical distancing.
- DAILY SCREENING: All students will be temperature-checked daily, and we will ask parents a set of questions about their recent health each time they drop their kids off.
- MASKS/FACE COVERINGS: Masks must be worn at all times, including during outside activities. The only exemptions are when eating, sleeping or if someone has a medical condition, mental health condition, or a disability that prevents wearing them from wearing a face covering .
- FLOOR MARKINGS AND SIGNAGE: We will mark off safe distances throughout our buildings to help keep children appropriately spaced. Reminders for hand washing and social distancing, will be posted throughout the facility.
- ACTIVITIES: Activities will be modified to limit physical contact. Equipment will be cleaned between uses and/or sufficient supplies will be provided for all students to enjoy.
- RESERVE DROP OFF & PICK UP TIMES: Parents will be required to reserve a specific drop off & pick up time for their children, each day to limit contact with other families.
- CLEANING: Our whole team will be regularly cleaning to disinfect our facilities throughout the day & our facilities team will perform a deep-clean every night after closing.
If you have questions about YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee Extended Learning Academy please contact Chris Przedpelski, Senior Director of Extended Learning at 414-274-0723 or firstname.lastname@example.org.