Let’s Move! Outside Milwaukee is a coalition of members from organizations that serve youth and families, and are committed to partnering through a collective approach to increase connections to nature. Milwaukee was recently selected as one of 50 Let’s Move! Cities, to serve as a conveyor to engage local partners that represent the recreation, conservation, education and volunteerism sectors, inviting families to Play, Learn, Serve and Work on public lands.
National Get Outdoors Day – Saturday, June 9
In celebration of National Get Outdoors Day, and our commitment to improving the health and wellness of Milwaukee families, we invite you to join us for a day of FREE, fun, outdoor activities at the locations listed below, on Saturday, June 9.
- Rite-Hite Family YMCA
Time: 9:30am – Noon
Activities: Kayaking, canoeing, archery and high ropes course
*Pre-registration required, please contact Chris Przedpelski at email@example.com to register.
- Schlitz Audubon Nature Center
Time: 9am – Noon
Activities: hiking, frog catching, observation tower, Woodsy Owl
- Urban Ecology Center Washington Park
Time: 10am – 2pm
Activities: hiking, canoeing, bird watching, pond ecology, Smokey Bear
- Lakeshore State Park with Milwaukee Recreation
Time: 1 – 3pm
Activities: Geocaching fossil hunt
*Pre-registration required, please contact Nicole Sponholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
- Havenwoods State Forest
Time: 9am – 2pm
Activities: plant a tree, live animals, pond hike
let’s move outside milwaukee steering committee
- August M. Ball – Milwaukee County Department of Parks
- Jean Claassen – USDA Forest Service
- Terry Evans – Urban Ecology Center
- Tom Finley – Schlitz Audubon Center
- Danielle Fleischman – Schlitz Audubon Center
- Lelah Huntley – Walnut Way
- Shaneé Jenkins – YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee
- Martha Malik – Department of the Interior
- Jon McLaren – YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee
- Nicole Sponholtz – Milwaukee Recreation