ymca Membership options
Choosing to sustain your membership during the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic will help the Y provide essential services and return strong and ready to serve you and our communities. If you need to place your membership on hold during this time, please click on the button below.Membership Hold
update contact information
The Y utilizes emails as our primary method of communication to our members during emergency closings- if you are not currently receiving the emails please follow this link to update your contact information.Update Info
ymca reopening information & members Frequently asked questions
Phase 1 Safety Procedures
- All staff will be required to wear masks while in the facility (exceptions for Group Exercise instructors and Child Care Staff). Members are recommended to wear masks when in the building, but it is not mandatory.
- YMCA usage will be for active YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee members 16 years or over only during our first phase of reopening. Guests and Nationwide members will not be permitted during this time – Nationwide membership is currently suspended nationwide to eliminate the spread of COVID-19 through communities.
- All staff and members will be required to be temperature checked upon each visit and answer CDC questions about COVID-19 exposure. No members or staff will be allowed entrance if they have a temperature of 100.4 or more.
- All staff and members will be asked to sign an updated liability for the YMCA to include COVID specific agreements.
Hours During Phase 1:
- Monday – Friday: 5 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Saturday: 7 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed for cleaning
Phase 1 Operations
- Building capacities will be enforced per CDC guidelines. Members will be able to view real time capacity shortly by logging into their YMCA online account here. When this feature is live we will update our website to inform you!
- Group Exercise classes will require pre-registration allowing for social distancing and room capacities to be maintained, ensuring the safety of all members. More information will be available in the next few days regarding this process.
- The following will be closed: Sauna, steam room, pools, locker rooms, hot tubs, lounge areas, basketball gym, & racquetball court. We look forward to reopening these when it is safe to do so.
- The following services are temporarily suspended: Towel Service (including sweat towels), Kit Lockers, KidZone, & coffee service. All fees in relation to these services have been temporarily suspended.
What Should Members Expect When Using The Y?
- Members will be screened following CDC guidelines, including a temperature check before entering the YMCA. In order to ensure our member’s safety and allow for social isolation, the Rite-Hite YMCA will utilize a temporary entrance on the west side of the building and Downtown will only utilize the south entrance.
- Our Fitness Center has been adjusted to allow for social distancing and certain equipment and accessories will be unavailable such as TRX, stability balls, dumbells, etc.
- Members will utilize a self scanning system to gain entrance into the YMCA- please have your YMCA card ready and available. Members will also self scan out.
- Day lockers will be available for your use at Rite-Hite, but locker rooms will not be used during Phase One.
- We will ask members to wash their hands before and after working out.
- Our water fountains will be replaced with a touch free bottle filler, please bring a water bottle with you.
- Our desks will be run with minimal staff to follow social distancing guidelines, we are asking all membership updates are made online here or over the phone with a member of our customer service team to ensure you the best service possible. Staff will be available Monday – Friday 8am-5pm.
- While our Y’s may look different for a while, we are looking forward to getting all our members back in when they feel it is right. We will continue to communicate all updates and rest assured the Y is basing all decisions on staff and member safety above all else.
Is Child Care (Early Childhood Education or Before and After School Care) still running?
Due to the closure of our community’s schools, all YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee Child Care sites have been closed. We are offering emergency response care for families with an adult who works on the front lines of the pandemic. The health of our community is our highest priority, and we can only accept children of healthcare workers and first responders, and essential employees as deemed by the Governor at this time. See if your family can use these services.
If I have more questions, who can I contact?
During this time, the best way to contact us is via email at email@example.com.